One of our advertising clients recently requested insights on the media consumption trends of oncologists, gastroenterologists, neurologists, and OB-GYNs. So our team pulled the stories driving the highest click-throughs with those specialty audiences.
The medical associations above comprise more than 60,000 healthcare providers, and the articles below represent the content that has motivated their engagement so far this year.
Top Clicked Stories
1. Adverse Effects Associated with Long-Term Use of PPIs
Estimates of All Cause Mortality and Cause Specific Mortality Associated with Proton Pump Inhibitors among US Veterans: Cohort Study.
2. Research on Adenomas and Advanced Adenomas
A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
3. Management of IBD in Pregnancy
Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Pregnancy Clinical Care Pathway.
4. Polypectomy and Colorectal Cancer Risk
Long-term Risk of Colorectal Cancer after Removal of Conventional Adenomas and Serrated Polyps.
5. Oral Vancomycin Linked to Remission Maintenance
Oral Vancomycin Induces, Maintains Remission of UC in Patients with UC-PSC.
Neurologists, Cleveland Clinic
1. Blood Test Could Predict Alzheimer’s Disease, Study Indicates
Serum Neurofilament Dynamics Predicts Neurodegeneration and Clinical Progression in Presymptomatic Alzheimer’s Disease.
2. Use of EMG in Diagnosis of Ulnar Nerve Entrapment
The Diagnostic Sensitivity for Ulnar Neuropathy at the Elbow Is Not Increased by Addition of Needle EMG of ADM and FDI When Nerve Conduction Studies Are Normal.
Frontiers in Neurology
3. FDA Clears Eye-Tracking Test for Concussion That Requires No Baseline Assessment
No-Baseline-Needed Concussion Test OK’d.
4. Risk Factors for Cognitive Impairment in Parkinson’s Disease
Modifiable Risk Factors for Cognitive Impairment in Parkinson’s Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta Analysis of Prospective Cohort Studies.
Wiley Online Library
5. Death Occurs in Two Epilepsy Patients after Switch to Cannabis Treatment
Case Report Highlights SUDEP Risk with Cannabis Monotherapy for Epilepsy.
1. Analysis on US Hospitals with Significantly Higher Rates of Complications During Birth
Maternal Death Is Rising. This Data Could Help Moms But It’s Secret.
2. ACOG, SMFM Joint Guidance on Interpregnancy Care
Interpregnancy Care – ACOG.
3. Progestin-Only Oral Contraceptive
FDA Approves Oral Contraceptive Slynd.
4. Risks Associated with Fluconazole Use during Pregnancy
Associations between Low- and High-Dose Oral Fluconazole and Pregnancy Outcomes: 3 Nested Case–Control Studies.
5. Fertility Clinics Reportedly Refuse Treatment to Women with High BMI
When You’re Told You’re Too Fat to Get Pregnant.
1. Cancer Patients’ Survival Impacted by Antibiotic Use
Antibiotics Before Checkpoint Inhibitors Tied to Worse Survival.
2. Risk of Breast Cancer Recurrence
Dynamics of Breast-Cancer Relapse Reveal Late-Recurring ER-Positive Genomic Subgroups.
3. Precision Medicine in Cancer Treatment
Genomic and Transcriptomic Profiling Expands Precision Cancer Medicine: The WINTHER Trial.
4. Factors Influencing Response to Pembrolizumab
T-Cell–Inflamed Gene-Expression Profile, Programmed Death Ligand 1 Expression, and Tumor Mutational Burden Predict Efficacy in Patients Treated with Pembrolizumab across 20 Cancers.
Journal of Clinical Oncology
5. ASCO Guideline for Geriatric Oncology
Practical Assessment and Management of Vulnerabilities in Older Patients Receiving Chemotherapy: ASCO Guideline for Geriatric Oncology.
Journal of Clinical Oncology
For more insights like these, follow us on LinkedIn and watch this space!